Check our furniture which looks good with our latest furniture finished products....1. Know your wood types. Wood furniture falls into three categories:
- Solid wood furniture is typically more expensive than other types and looks great, but can be susceptible to scratches and water rings.
- Veneers have an inexpensive Solid wood furniture base covered by several thin layers of better-quality wood. Because of the cheaper core, veneers aren't as expensive as Solid wood furniture.
- Particle board and composite wood pieces are made from a combination of Solid wood furniture pulp, plastics, and resin, basically the scraps of the furniture world. These are the cheapest type of wood furniture and can look decent, but won't hold up for decades.
3. Avoid nails and glue. Look for furniture joined at ends and corners, not glued or nailed in. Known in the manufacturing world as wood Solid wood furniture, these pieces are studier and can take more weight.
4. Consider your lifestyle. Let your Solid wood furniture determine what colors and fabrics you choose. For example, I have a large, hyper dog constantly climbing on the furniture. If I brought home a white suede couch, it would be torn apart and stained in minutes. If you have kids or pets, stick with dark colors and stain-resistant tough fabrics like linen or tweed.
5. Be realistic about colors. I once bought an orange corduroy armchair at a Solid wood